8/14/08

Happy Birthday, Beautiful

Yesterday my Love celebrated her 31st birthday by painting the new house all day long. There was little time for romance or special treatment of any kind, which was especially unfortunate given that of the 10 birthdays she's celebrated since we met, this was only the fourth one that she's been home for (the past six took place when she was working in Alaska). So, I would have really liked to make it special. Instead, we woke up early and she left to go painting while I tried to pack amongst the kids. I briefly entertained the idea of making her a cheesecake (her favorite, and I've perfected the recipe), but realized there just wasn't enough time and decided to buy one instead. I ended up with a chocolate mousse cake from Whole Foods because there were no cheesecakes to be found anywhere in the valley. So, not only was it store-bought, but it wasn't even the right kind! (Luckily, it was still pretty yummy).

A lion cake for my leo love (and a gluten-free cupcake for Lukas)

Anyway, here are some shots of the birthday girl. I love you, beautiful. I am so lucky to have spent 10 birthdays with you so far. I love you a hundred million. I hope all of your birthday wishes come true. You are amazing.



1 comment:

Lena said...

i love you too =)