6/23/10

And now, resume

Hello, hello.

I realize that I have been gone from this space for a very long time. There was a computer trouble, and then I think I just got out of the habit of writing and documenting my life here, and I'm struggling to find my way back.

But your sweet notes of encouragement have meant so much to me, and I feel as though I am not ready to give up on this blog all together. So many times in the past few weeks, I have started to write a post, catching up on all that has transpired in my absence (the baby? Totally Walking Now), but always I leave it unfinished, feeling at a loss for words.

Instead, I will start back small. I will share this video from earlier today, of Leo and me: in the bed, post-nap. His birthday is just three days away, and I have been reflecting quite a bit on his birth and all of the ways in which my relationship with him has grown over the past year. Lately, we've been enjoying each other very well indeed.

You will have to double-click on the image and watch the clip on the You Tube site to see the cutest part (that would be the baby, of course).


Thank you for your patience!

I do, truly, hope to find my way back here. I miss it.


21 comments:

Alison said...

Welcome back! We've missed you and your lovely posts about your beautiful family. Leo is so gorgeous.

Angela V-C said...

Glad to see you back! What a cutie Leo is!!

Anonymous said...

Asher turns a year old next month and was absolutely transfixed by your video. :)

Wild Maple Wool said...

Thank god your back!!!

~Samantha

Mama Cas said...

Yay!! So glad to see you're back! I can certainly understand feeling a bit of blogging burnout or even just the desire to live your life without thinking of "the next post!" I hope you can find your groove again...I really love reading about your family and your point of view and your different experiences. And in case you're wondering...you have been missed.

Anna said...

Adorable video! Glad you're back.

Unknown said...

That is one cute little guy...glad to see one of my favorite bloggers is back!

Anonymous said...

Lex-
This video is the REASON people have babies. My little girl Astrid is only 13 weeks old and I absolutely cannot wait to make videos like this with her!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your new post and adorable video. Welcome back.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Thanks for keeping us in your life!

And oh my gosh, that's the cutest little thing I've ever seen! He's precious!

ellabelle said...

so happy to have you back!! best sight on google reader in weeeeeks.

Rose said...

I too am glad to see you are back! Looking forward to more about you and your sweet family.

Witty said...

oh, i am ever so glad to see you back. i would be so sad if you stopped writing! i enjoy each post of yours more than the next. i love how you share your daily life with your family, your creative parenting ideas, and how you live your simple, natural life. please keep writing! i know i am not the only one who very much enjoys this blog.

and, i posted on the actual video itself, but my son river, who is 10 months old, just loved it. he stared and smiled and squealed and clapped. :)

Kathryn said...

It's great to see your new blog post and the video of you and Leo is so adorable!!!!!

Ditto said...

I am so glad that you're back! I really enjoy your beautiful posts, they are very encouraging. Great video, way too cute! Dodie

Woolymama said...

Very much looking forward to your posts, we've been missing your voice!

three feet high said...

that is one of the cutest videos ever!

i'd miss you if you stopped writing. glad you are finding your way back.

Imagination Kids said...

Glad to see you back!! Happy Birthday Leo!

Vange said...

Totally adorable! I love how you & Leo make so many of the same facial expressions.

I'm glad you've posted again, I have really missed your blog!

Sarah Daunis said...

Hi Lex!
I just checked out your blog and I love it - lovely family and inspiring ideas. I'm in awe.
Take care, Sarah (We met earlier today in Angie and Seth's yard. Matt happened upon your site b/c of the bakfiets connection, but he didn't know you knew Angie! Small, small world.)

Sarah Daunis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.