4/11/08

T-shirts for Tucker

Today my amazing sister-in-law (Lena's twin sister), Addie, gave birth to her first baby. Lena was there, along with Addie's husband, Max, to welcome Tucker to this world. He weighed 6 lbs., 12 oz, and, according to Lena is both perfect and incredibly cute. I can't wait to meet him and see Addie in her blissed out new mama state.

To busy myself in Lena's absence last night, I started working on decorating some of the baby t-shirts from my dyeing day earlier this week. It felt like the only way I could participate in the birth from 100 miles away. While I cut fabric and stitched it on to the tiny T's for Tucker, I imagined him moving easily through Addie's pelvis and out onto his mama's chest.

As tiny as these t-shirts are, they likely will fit the little one more like a dress at this point. But I think they'll fit perfectly right around the time when it gets hot enough for him to wear them.




This morning, when I was showing the shirts to the boys, my little bird-obsessed toddler got insanely jealous about the bird t-shirt. So I made one for him today while he napped. He loves it.I will definitely be making more of these. It was incredibly satisfying work. Kind of like having babies.

Congratulations to Addie and Max! Welcome Tucker!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Congrats Auntie!

Love the shirts. I adore them and I'm sure she will too. Feel free to send some my way ;)