3/26/09

How Many More Minutes Until June?


Luke and Jaz have picked up this key phrase, "how many more minutes?" from Charlie and Lola (our favorite show that we watch on dvd).

"How many more minutes until Summer Solstice?"
"How many more minutes until we go to first grade?"
"How many more minutes until Zeben is six?"

I find myself constantly multiplying, or refusing to mutliply, and guessing, and sighing and throwing my arms up in the air. But the big question on everyone's mind: How many more minutes until Leo is born?

We are getting closer to meeting our sweet little one, and patience is running thin.

"I feel like we've been waiting forever for Mama to have the baby!" an exasperated Lukas exclaimed on the way home from school the other day. He was not placated by my cheerful reminder, "we only have to wait for about 100 more days!" One hundred is practically one million as far as the kids are concerned.

Zeben vacillates between sweet moments with Lena's belly (the other day he decided to play peek-a-boo with "baby Leelo"), and stubborn insistence that anything tiny in our house (newborn size cloth diapers for example) belongs to him. "It fits ME," he demands, holding up a size 0-3 month onesie, and refusing to hear anything to the contrary. I am anticipating that he might have a bit of a hard time with the arrival of his baby brother. Luke and Jaz really didn't have any difficulty at all with the arrival of Zeben, but they were older than Zeb will be, and were already used to sharing their moms in a way that Zeben hasn't had to yet. I'm not sure if there's anything I can do to really help prepare him or make the transition easier.

Yesterday I signed the kids up for summer camp (a variety of art, drama, and farm programs) so that Lena and I will have some quiet alone time with Leo in the weeks after he is born. I think that will make all the difference in the world for us moms.

I heard Jaz yesterday, saying, "March . . . April, May, JUNE! It's already almost summer!" Summer, sun, beaches, babies . . . so much to look forward to if we can just stand the wait.


26 weeks

3 comments:

Woolymama said...

I stumbled across the two of you on Mothering - on the QP forum. You have a beautiful family and what seems like a home filled with lots of love and lots of joy. Congratulations on the soon-to-be birth of another babe!

(I'm SarahCecile on MDC, by the way... currently navigating DI with my DH)

giggleblue said...

i'm happy that they are excited about Leo! I personally can't really wait!

2happymamas said...

I can't wait to meet Leo (& crew)this summer. I really hope it all works out and a bunch of us can get together!