3/20/09

March Break

Today is the first day of Spring (happy Oestar!), and the last day of the kids' and Lena's March break from school. I had all sorts of grand plans for what we would do this week (murals, museums, home make-overs and more!), but we didn't end up doing much of any of it. Instead, we mostly just lounged around and ate brunch and were lazy and forgot to make dinner. It was lovely.

Luke getting a snuggle in while Mama naps.


Zeb joins in with a "prehistoric creatures" book.

I have been trying to switch over into full-on "bakfiets mode," since it's basically warm enough, and the bike path is now cleared of snow. I'm hoping that the car runs out of gas soon so that I'll be forced to really make the bakfiets my only way to get around. Not that I don't enjoy biking, I much prefer it, but it does require allowing more time for travel, and some advance planning. Really, it just requires a mental shift, and that's the part I'm still waiting on. Luckily it isn't taking me too long to get my biking muscles back; I really don't notice that much of a difference anymore (but I' have yet to bike more than 7 miles in a day). Twice this week we biked to the library, something that I hadn't done since we moved (since I, uh, forgot about the library for a few months). And it turns out that the new set-up (with Zeb sitting behind me in his "seal seat car seat" (as he calls it)) allows for plenty of room for a fourth child OR a big bag of 34 library books.


Aside from our few bike rides into town, I've just been feeling so unmotivated to do anything during this vacation. Which is fine, I guess, assuming that my motivation returns when we go back to our regularly scheduled life on Monday. I think Zeben's expression in the following photo kind of sums up my state of mind for the past week:


But at least we still have the April break for murals, museums and home make-overs . . . or lots of laying outside in the sun, listening to the birds. We'll see.

1 comment:

Iris E. said...

Nice to see that belly peeking out! Thanks for all of the inspiration~

I have nominated you for the Lemonade Award:
http://craftingmamalibrarian.blogspot.com/2009/03/generosity.html
XO
Iris