4/13/10

Tuck Turns Two

This past weekend we drove to Boston to partake in a birthday celebration for our sweet nephew, Tucker, who was turning 2. How is it possible that in two short years such a tiny baby has grown into such a big kid?

Tucker, 2 days old

Tucker, 2 years old

No one appreciates Tucker's switch from "baby" to "kid" as much as Zeben, who, despite much adoration from Tucker over the past year, has not been the friendliest big cousin lately. At the birthday party, Zeb seemed to finally get it that Tucker isn't a baby anymore, and he now likes to boast that he is Tucker's "favorite cousin."

Tuck and Zeb

My favorite part of the celebration was watching Tucker's glee
at the sight of his birthday cake.

hands clasped in anticipation


And, since Tucker was the inspiration for the very first t-shirts I ever decorated, I felt especially glad to make him a new one in honor of his special day.

a "2" tee for Tuck

We stayed until bedtime and all four of our kids fell asleep in the car on the 100-mile drive home. My love and I held hands and listened to music and--as much as I normally despise driving--felt a wonderful sense of peace. It was lovely, and I felt like we should be making the trip more often to visit the adorable Tucker (and his parents!) so that the cousins can become even better playmates.

Thank you to Addie and Max for a great party!
Happy birthday, Tucker!

1 comment:

addie said...

This was so fun to read. I was so worried that no one had captured that expression when I was bringing out the cake- totally precious. I loved seeing t&z more as playmates. thanks for this. xoxo