5/30/08

A Glimpse

Last year at this time we were packing our bags. Actually, we were packing our bags amidst many boxes since we were both leaving for a family vacation and getting ready to move out of our house. Actually, knowing us, there probably weren't that many boxes around yet since we still had a whole 30 days to pack up our two moving van loads worth of stuff. But, regardless, we were definitely packing bags and getting ready for our first family vacation as a family of FIVE. We braved a questionable weather forecast and took the 3 kids on a camping trip to Cape Cod for the weekend. Honestly, I don't remember many of the details (though it certainly did rain quite a bit), but I think we had a pretty good time (though we did leave a day early). We were thinking about heading back again this weekend, but we've decided to take the weather forecast more seriously this time, so we're staying home. Hopefully we'll make it out there sometime in the next few weeks.

I recently came across this video clip from our trip last June, and thought I'd share this glimpse of what our life was like one year ago. Zeben was 6 months old, and Luke and Jaz were a little over 4 years old. I am the one taking the video (and sounding ridiculous talking to the baby . . . I swear that's not what I really sound like!), and Lena is the voice you hear in the background. Disclaimer: this was my first time ever using our digital camera as a video camera. Some head tilting required.


No comments: