6/5/08

In the absence of toy guns . . .

. . . use brooms.
Yesterday I came across Luke and Jaz playing a game of "Storm Troopers." They were using their child-sized brooms as guns, and wearing buckets on their heads (armor?).

Apparently they were shooting at all of the cars that drove by, and marching back and forth in front of the house as if on patrol.

When I got them the brooms, I never imagined that they'd use them in this way. I pictured my well-rounded sons sweeping the floor along side me, growing up with a strong appreciation of how much work it takes to keep the house clean. Sigh.

I guess keeping toy guns out of the house and not letting the kids watch Star Wars isn't quite enough. I'd have to hide the brooms and the buckets, and keep them home from school if I didn't want them to play "Storm Troopers."

But I think I'm okay with it.

No comments: