6/8/08

Last-Minute Craftiness

This morning we were scheduled to appear at a baby shower for an old family friend of Lena's (who also happens to be our neighbor at the moment). The shower started at 11:00, and was 30 minutes away. At 9:00 a.m., this is what our gift looked like:

But somehow I managed to turn it into a baby carrier just in time for us to leave at 10:30:


There was even enough time to decorate a onesie. I think I craft best under pressure.

Jaz has decided that he is the official tester of all the mei tais I make. Here he is trying out "MockHawk the third" on Lena's back:

The shower was lovely (lots of beautiful, handmade gifts), and the mama-to-be looked amazing (have I mentioned how much I love being around pregnant women?). I can't wait to help her strap her baby on once he/she arrives!

See! This is a craft blog!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic work!!!! What do you use to dye your tees, playsilks and onsies? They are so vibrant!