11/30/09

Scenes From a Kitchen

I hung a swing for Leo in the doorway between our kitchen and dining/work room. So that I'd have a place to put him when I needed to put him down, and he didn't want to be down. And because our house needed a little more motion, noise, and chaos, especially during the pre-dinnertime hour.

Zeb, still wearing his pajamas at 5:00 p.m.

Jaz, still fitting in baby swings at the age of nearly 7

Lena, on the verge of a nervous breakdown

My wife went a little crazy from the, well, craziness of it all,
but all the kids were happy and dinner was made.

Sometimes I'm a genius.

10 comments:

May said...

I love the colors, the glee, and the old-school stove. And you guys/gals.

Mama Cas said...

I'm with Lena on this one. Looks like great fun for the kids! Unfortunately, it would drive me bonkers.

Heather said...

I love it! We have rope ladders, rings, a slide, swings and a trampolene. In the house, but not the kitchen. I wish we could find a way to get a slide in instead of a stairwell, but the SO won't even consider it.

Lex said...

Heather,

I have the slide in the stairwell fantasy too! Also, maybe a fire pole? Basically trying to turn our house into the playground it no doubt will be regardless.

Lex

Celeste said...

oh man, i LOVE that idea. how the heck did you do it? we rent a condo... i wonder if there are even any beams *in* this structure, lol.

i hear you on both the 5pm pajamas and the pre-dinner crazies. and i've only got two!

Suzanne said...

Love it! Great idea!
Am going to miss your everyday postings!

Kathryn said...

I love the idea of making the whole house into an indoor playground! Your post and the pictures put a big grin on my face.

courtney said...

i am coveting your kitchen swing concept as well as the bolting on the wall of the cool roller coaster bead toy that leo is pulling himself up on! way to go!

sara said...

Amazing. So fun to see.

moi + toi PHOTOGRAPHIE said...

that is awesome!! and he fits still at 7!! thats a pretty stable swing!!!