3/3/08

Sewing Sunday

What started out as a pile of washed fabric on Sunday morning would be magically transformed into an incredibly useful tool by the end of the day.


The feeling of the fabric sliding beneath my fingers as it ran through the machine was so addictive. I never wanted to stop, but there were countless interruptions.

Right, the kids! And where were those lovely children? What were they doing during all this sewing? They were right there beside me. Eating appleasauce.


Waiting Patiently.


Singing along to the rhythmic whir of the sewing machine.

Helping me with the pesky task of turning tubes of fabric inside out.


Strapped to my back after waking up at 10:30 p.m. I wasn't going to bed until I was done.


And this morning . . . the finished product.

I kind of love it.


Zeb likes it pretty well too.

Yum.

3 comments:

Megan said...

It looks fabulous. I have the sewing bug right now too but no room to do it.

Anonymous said...

Did you use a pattern? I was thinking of making my own as well using the montessori by hand pattern (http://www.montessoribyhand.net/patterns/meitai.html)
but I'm not sure what the heck an "internal x harness" is and I'm not sure I want one. Any pattern suggestions?

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love it. AND I love your blog. Totally inspiring. To answer your question, I would love a carrier just like this one for the next baby bug...it's totally beautiful. Doesn't have to be the same material....whatever you think. I love all the colors. Back to snot blowing....adoring you, J