2/23/10

Capture the Baby

The other day, while Luke, Jaz and I were busy working on writing a new song for our outgoing voice mail message (if you know our phone number, you should definitely call and have a listen . . . assuming we don't answer the phone before the voice mail picks up, which is probably a pretty safe assumption), Zeb and Leo were busy playing on the living room floor.

My musical genius (the song is to the tune of "The Lion Sleeps Tonight," and the lyrics convey that we can't come to the phone and that the caller should leave a message) was interrupted by Lukas exclaiming, "Zeben! What are you doing?!"

I looked up from my guitar to this scene:


Zeben, perched atop an upside-down laundry basket. Not such a big deal, right? No need for alarm. No reason to interrupt musical genius. But wait. What is that moving underneath the basket?


Oh. That would be my baby. Captured.


Luckily, Leo thought this game of capture the baby was just as fun and thrilling as his 3-year-old brother did. He was smiling and laughing from inside his cage, as if he was totally in on the plan.


So I saw no reason to intervene, and after snapping a few photos, I went right back to music making. Though I did keep one bit of an eye on my little cat and mouse, just to make sure that Zeben would set Leo free eventually. And, of course, he did.

Best friends, these two.

Zeb and Leo, sharing the kitchen swing
December 2009

3 comments:

Casey from LifewithRoozle.com said...

Adorable. I love that swing. I am constantly trying to figure out how we could make it work in our house!

Unknown said...

It's official...I am in love with your kids! They are amazing, and your stories are always entertaining!

TammyQ said...

LOL the EXACT same thing happened in my house today :)